Curricular conversations : play is the (missing) thing
- Margaret Macintyre Latta.
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xvi, 125 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Studies in curriculum theory.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2806.15 .M326 2013||Unknown|
- Macintyre Latta, Margaret, 1955-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -121) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgements List of Illustrations Chapter 1-Introduction: Aesthetic Play Matters to Curricular Conversations Chapter 2-Aesthetic Play: "Force of the Possible" Chapter 3-Aesthetic Play: Elemental to Being Human Chapter 4-Aesthetic Play: Embracing of Place Chapter 5-Aesthetic Play: In Need of Other(s) Chapter 6-Aesthetic Play: Temporal Spatial Agency Chapter 7-Aesthetic Play: Interdependent with Imagination, Instilling Embodied Understandings Chapter 8-Aesthetic Play: Attunement to Process Chapter 9-Aesthetic Play: Fostering Self-Understandings in Relation to Wider Contexts & Citizenry Chapter 10-Conclusion: Aesthetic Play's Clues, "Unquiet" Understandings, & the Makings of Self/World Notes Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The central theme of Curricular Conversations is this: Play is the thing that brings aesthetic curricular complications near educators and their students, making the lived consequences very vivid, tangible, and possible. Viewing curriculum as genuine inquiry into what is worth knowing, rather than simply a curricular document, this book explores the significances instilled and nurtured through aesthetic play. Each chapter delves into the space a given artwork reveals. The artworks act as points of departure and/or generative vehicles, foregrounding the roles and possibilities of play within curricular conversations. Looking at relevant educational issues, traditions, and theorists through an illuminating lens, this book speaks to curriculum theorists and arts educators everywhere.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Studies in curriculum theory series
- 9780415897525 (hbk.)
- 0415897521 (hbk.)
- 9780415897532 (pbk.)
- 041589753X (pbk.)
- 9780203804018 (ebk.)
- 0203804015 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: