International libel and privacy handbook : a global reference for journalists, publishers, webmasters, and lawyers
- edited by Charles J. Glasser, Jr.
- Third edition.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Bloomberg Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxxvi, 549 p. ; 24 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|K930 .I58 2013||Unknown|
- Glasser, Charles J., Jr.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 523) and index.
- Argentina / Leonardo Cesar Ferreira
- Brazil / Laura Fragomeni, Paula Mena Barreto, Eduardo de Moraes
- Canada / Brian MacLeod Rogers
- Chile / Leonardo Cesar Ferreira
- Mexico / Leonardo Cesar Ferreira
- United States / Thomas H. Golden, Casey Boyle
- Australia / Peter Bartlett
- China / Vincent Wang, Edward J. Davis with Yonatan Berkovits
- Hong Kong / Doreen Weisenhaus, Rick Glofcheski, Edward J. Davis
- India / Janmejay Rai, Barunesh Chandra
- Japan / Yoshio Iteya, Atsushi Okada, Akira Marumo
- Korea / Kyu Ho Youm
- Malaysia / H. R. Dipendra
- Singapore / Tay Peng Cheng
- Thailand / Sinfah Tunsarawuth
- Belgium / Steven De Schrijver
- England and Wales / Mark Stephens
- France / Dominique Mondoloni
- Germany / Jan Hegemann
- Italy / Charles J. Glasser Jr.
- Netherlands / Jens van den Brink
- Poland / Charles J. Glasser Jr.
- Russia / Anna Otkina
- Spain / Almudena Arpón de Mendívil, Juan José Marín López
- Switzerland / Rolf Auf der Maur
- The Middle East / Charles J. Glasser Jr.
- Israel / Ori Shenhar
- Jordan / Safwan Moubaydeen
- The United Arab Emirates / Charles J. Glasser Jr.
- Publisher's Summary
- An indispensable survival guide for anyone in the media industry and the lawyers who serve them Especially now, in an age of instant global access through digital media, it is vitally important that journalists, authors and publishers, as well as the lawyers who serve them, be fully up on the laws governing media, worldwide. The ultimate resource for all the media content providers and purveyors, this fully updated and expanded Third Edition of the critically-acclaimed handbook offers you instant access to relevant libel and privacy laws and important legal rulings in the Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the Americas. It clearly and concisely explains risks publishers should know about prior to publication, steps they can take in order to avoid legal conflicts, and legal defences available to them in the event of a claim. Offers nation-by-nation summaries of libel and privacy law written by local practitioners in an easy-to-use reference format Expanded to include coverage of important emerging territories-Mexico, Israel, and Argentina, et al-as well as the latest libel and privacy rulings Features new chapters on emerging media markets-including Israel, Mexico, Argentina, Jordan, and others-as well as valuable updates to the Middle East section Provides updates on all major media markets and nations, along with coverage of changes in libel laws in key jurisdictions, including Australia, the UK, Hungary and Germany.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118357057 20160615
- Publication date
- 9781118357057 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1118357051 (cloth : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: