Geckos : the animal answer guide
- Bauer, Aaron M.
- Baltimore, Md. : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 159 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
QL666 .L245 B375 2013
- Unknown QL666 .L245 B375 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introducing Geckos
- Form and function
- Gecko colors
- Gecko behavior
- Gecko ecology
- Reproduction and development
- Foods and feeding
- Geckos and humans
- Gecko problems (from a human viewpoint)
- Human problems (from a gecko's viewpoint)
- Geckos in stories and literature
- Publisher's Summary
- Q. How do geckos walk across ceilings? A: Millions of hair-like setae on each foot. Q: Where do geckos come from? A: Throughout the world. Usually where it's warm. Q: How many species of geckos are there? A: Close to 1,500 and counting! Q: What do they eat? A: Insects mostly. You can discover the biology, natural history, and diversity of geckos - the acrobatic little lizards made famous by a car insurance ad campaign. Lizard biologist and gecko expert Aaron Bauer answers deceptively simple questions with surprising and little-known facts. Readers can explore color photographs that reveal the natural wonder and beauty of the gecko form and are further informed by images of how geckos live in their natural habitats. Although written for nonexperts, "Geckos" also provides a carefully selected bibliography and a new list of all known species that will be of interest to herpetologists. Anyone who owns a gecko, has seen them in the wild, or has wondered about them will appreciate this gem of a book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Aaron M. Bauer.
- 9781421408521 (hdbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781421408538 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781421409252 (electronic)
- 142140852X (hdbk. : alk. paper)
- 1421408538 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1421409259 (electronic)