Creating Room to Read : a story of hope in the battle for global literacy
- John Wood.
- New York : Viking, 2013.
- Physical description
- 290 p.,  p. of plates : col. ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC158 .A2 W66 2013||Unknown|
- Wood, John, 1964 January 29-
- Introduction: ten years, ten thousand libraries!
- Bold goals attract bold people
- A kilogram of gold
- The lottery of life
- Blame it on Bahundanda
- Helping others help themselves: the challenge grant model
- GSD: building a world class team
- The tsunami: one year after
- "No Range Rovers": the war on overhead
- Searching for Seuss
- Baby fish goes to school
- Betrayal, theft, and sleepless nights
- "I was in grade two when our school was burned down"
- "Sorry, but your money has been stolen"
- "We picked up the phone to call for help"
- Nine books last night
- On her narrow shoulders rest a family's dreams
- Mr. X and Mr. Zilch
- Now departing for Cambodia: literacy one
- Frantic footsteps in the night
- The world's tallest fund-raising thermometer
- "Whose version of the future will win?"
- Boat to read
- "If you cannot read, school can be a torture"
- "With smiling face, my three cows are completely pregnant"
- Mr. Poet and Miss Library.
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9780670025985 (hbk.)
- 0670025984 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: