Culture and customs of Tanzania
- Kefa M. Otiso.
- Santa Barbara, Calif. : Greenwood, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxii, 250 p. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
- Culture and customs of Africa.
- Otiso, Kefa M.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -229) and index.
- Religion and worldview
- Literature, media, and film
- Art and architecture/housing
- Cuisine and dress
- Marriage, family, lineage, and gender roles
- Social customs and lifestyles
- Music, dance and drama.
- Publisher's Summary
- In Culture and Customs of Tanzania, author Kefa M. Otiso presents an approachable basic overview of the country's key characteristics, covering topics such as Tanzania's land, peoples, languages, education system, resources, occupations, economy, government, and history. This recent addition to Greenwood's Culture and Customs of Africa series also contains chapters that portray the culture and social customs of Tanzania, such as the country's religion and worldview; literature, film, and media; art, architecture, and housing; cuisine and traditional dress; gender roles, marriage, family structures, and lifestyle; and music, dance, and drama.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313339783 20160615
- Publication date
- Culture and customs of Africa
- 9780313339783 (hardcopy : alk. paper)
- 0313339783 (hardcopy : alk. paper)
- 9780313087080 (ebook)
- 0313087083 (ebook)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: