- [Noribergae : J.B. Homann, 1719].
- Physical description
- 1 map : hand col. ; 23 x 28 cm.
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G1015 .H6 1719 PLATE 6||In-library use|
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Homann, Johann Baptist, 1663-1724.
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale not given (W 160°--E 10°/N 80°--S 60°).
- California shown as an island labeled C., with an indented northern coast line.
- "One of the earliest school atlases to use a system of letters on blank maps that are coded to a separate key list. This method was based on a teaching system formulated by Johann Hübner (1668-1731) and adapted by Homann"--David Rumsey Collection catalog.
- Folded. 6th map in book.
- McLaughlin map number 1285.
- Homann, Johann Baptist, 1663-1724. Atlas methodicus explorandis juvenum profectibus in studio geographico ad methodum Hübnerianam accomodatus
Browse related items
Start at call number: