Quantum dot sensors : technology and commercial applications
- edited by John F. Callan, Françisco M. Raymo.
- Singapore : Pan Stanford Publishing, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 volume (various pagings),  pages of plates : ill., some ill. ; 24 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TK7874.88 .Q36 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Quantum Dot Synthesis Methods, Y.K. Gun'ko and S. Byrne Biocompatible CdSe-ZnS Core-Shell Quantum Dots, I. Yildiz and F.M. Raymo Electrochemical Properties of Semiconductor Quantum Dots, M. Amelia, A. Credi and S. Silvi Quantum Dot Reactive Oxygen Species Generation and Toxicity in Bacteria: Mechanisms and Experimental Pitfalls, J. Nadeau Electron Transfer Quenching for Biosensing with Quantum Dots, D.E. Benson, S.R. De Haan, C.E. Hulderman and M.D. Swain Quantum Dot Probes Based on Energy Transfer Mechanisms, J.F. Callan, B. McCaughan, C. Fowley, N. Singh, N. Kaur and S. Sahoo.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814316002 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Consisting of six chapters, written by experts in their field, this book charts the progress made in the use of quantum dots as the signaling component in optical sensors since their discovery in the early 1980s. In particular, it focuses on CdS-, CdSe-, and CdTe-type QDs due to their emission in the visible region of the electromagnetic spectrum. The book begins by detailing the range of methods currently used for the preparation and passivation of core/core-shell quantum dots and follows with a discussion on their electrochemical properties and potential toxicity. The book culminates by focusing on how electron and energy transfer mechanisms can be utilized to generate a range of quantum dot-based probes. This is the first text of its kind dedicated to quantum dot-based sensors and will appeal to those readers who have an interest in working with these versatile nanoparticles.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814316002 20160612
- Quantum dots.
- Publication date
- 9789814316002 (hbk.)
- 9814316008 (hbk.)
- 9789814364614 (ebook)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: