Foundation and anchor design guide for metal building systems
- Alexander Newman.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 298 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TA684 .N434 2013||Unknown|
- Newman, Alexander, 1955-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: To Metal Building Systems Chapter 2 Foundation Design Basics Chapter 3 Foundations for Metal Building Systems: The Main Chapter 4 Design of Isolated Column Footings Chapter 5 Foundation Walls and Wall Footings Chapter 6 Tie Rods, Hairpins, and Slab Ties Chapter 7 Moment-Resisting Foundations Chapter 8 Slab with Haunch, Trench Footings, Mats Chapter 9 Deep Foundations Chapter 10 Anchor Bolts and Other Embedments Appendix - Foundation Reactions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071766357 20160611
- Publisher's Summary
- MEET THE COMPLEX CHALLENGES OF METAL BUILDING SYSTEMS FOUNDATION DESIGN Expand your professional design skills and engineer safe, reliable foundations and anchors for metal building systems. Written by a practicing structural engineer, Foundation and Anchor Design Guide for Metal Building Systems thoroughly covers the entire process--from initial soil investigation through final design and construction. The design of different types of foundations is explained and illustrated with step-by-step examples. The nuts-and-bolts discussion covers the best designand construction practices. This detailed reference book explains how the design of metal building foundations differs from the design of conventional foundations and how to comply with applicable building codes while avoiding common pitfalls. COVERAGE INCLUDES: Metal building and foundation design fundamentals Soil types, properties, and investigation Unique aspects of foundation design for m etal building systems Design of isolated column footings Foundation walls and wall footings Tie rods, hairpins, and slab ties Moment-resisting foundations Slab with haunch, trench footings, and m ats Deep foundations Anchors in m etal building systems Concrete embedments in m etal building systems.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071766357 20160611
- Publication date
- 9780071766357 (pbk. : acid-free paper )
- 0071766359 (pbk. : acid-free paper )
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: