Native trees and shrubs of south-eastern Australia
- Leon Costermans.
- Sydney : Reed New Holland, c2009.
- Physical description
- 440 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 26 cm.
- Costermans, L. F. (Leon F.), 1933-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Aims, scope and presentation
- 2. The land and its vegetation
- 3. Some places of special interest
- 4. Regional guide-list
- 5. Description of species
- 6. Comments on the major families and genera
- This book embraces an area that stretches from the Flinders and Mt. Lofty Ranges in South Australia, across Victoria and southern New South Wales to the NSW South Coast. It records the land and its vegetation in a scientifically accurate, but accessible, style. Virtually all species of native trees and larger shrubs in this area are described, and their occurrences are related to the features of their environments - events of the past, geology, landforms, soil and climatic conditions. In a systematic sequence, every species is illustrated and accompanied by a distribution map. Descriptive information is concise, and carefully researched. There are more than 300 colour plates and over 160 black and white photographs. The brief descriptions of places of special interest, as well as the eight regional 'guide-lists' that cover the coast, hills and ranges, high-mountain country, and various inland areas, assist anyone exploring such regions to identify the trees and shrubs.
- Publication date
- "Including addendum of changes and new species".
- "Reprinted with addendum 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012" -- T.p. verso.
- "A comprehensive coverage of 900 species"--Cover.
Browse related items
Start at call number: