[Amateur newspaper collection].
- [1872-1927, bulk 1890-1919]
- Physical description
- ca. 500 items.
Also available at
At the library
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|PN4827 .A43 1872 BOX 1||In-library use|
|PN4827 .A43 1872 BOX 2||In-library use|
|PN4827 .A43 1872 BOX 3||In-library use|
|PN4827 .A43 1872 BOX 4||In-library use|
Item is featured in an exhibit Item is featured in exhibits
- Organization & arrangement
- Items are arranged alphabetically by state, then city, then title.
- This collection represents over 300 amateur newspapers and magazines, largely published between 1890 and 1919 in the United States. 34 states and Washington DC are represented; there are also 2 folders of newspapers from Australia, Canada, and Great Britain. The formats range from unbound sheets several inches square to wire-stitched octavo volumes. There is also 1 folder of related items, including convention announcements, membership applications, amateur newspaper club membership lists, etc.
- Supplemental links
- Guide to the collection - organized first by state, then by organization (pdf)
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Collection title devised by cataloger.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: