Advanced aircraft flight performance
- Antonio Filippone.
- Cambridge, UK ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- xxvii, 635 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Cambridge aerospace series ; 34.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TL671.4 .F449 2012||Unknown|
- Filippone, Antonio, 1965-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Prolegomena-- 2. Aircraft models-- 3. Weight and balance performance-- 4. Aerodynamic performance-- 5. Engine performance-- 6. Propeller performance-- 7. Aeroplane trim-- 8. Flight envelopes-- 9. Take-off and field performance-- 10. Climb performance-- 11. Descent and landing performance-- 12. Cruise performance-- 13. Manoeuvre performance-- 14. Thermo-structural performance-- 15. Mission analysis-- 16. Aircraft noise: noise sources-- 17. Aircraft noise: propagation-- 18. Aircraft noise: flight trajectories-- 19. Environmental performance-- 20. Epilogue.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book discusses aircraft flight performance, focusing on commercial aircraft but also considering examples of high-performance military aircraft. The framework is a multidisciplinary engineering analysis, fully supported by flight simulation, with software validation at several levels. The book covers topics such as geometrical configurations, configuration aerodynamics and determination of aerodynamic derivatives, weight engineering, propulsion systems (gas turbine engines and propellers), aircraft trim, flight envelopes, mission analysis, trajectory optimisation, aircraft noise, noise trajectories and analysis of environmental performance. A unique feature of this book is the discussion and analysis of the environmental performance of the aircraft, focusing on topics such as aircraft noise and carbon dioxide emissions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Cambridge aerospace series ; 34
- 9781107024007 (hbk.)
- 1107024005 (hbk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: