Treasures of the golden age : essays in honor of Robert M. Stevenson
- edited by Michael B. O'Connor and Walter Aaron Clark.
- Hillsdale, NY : Pendragon Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 330 p. : ill., music ; 23 cm.
- Festschrift series ; no. 27.
|ML55 .S8327 T74 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Iberian cathedral music: Sources and context from Spain and Portugal. Spain in Sydney: University of Sydney Fisher Rare Book Additional Manuscript 327 / Jane Morlet Hardie ; Motetes de la Salve: some thoughts on the provenance, compilation and use of Seville, Biblioteca Colombina 5-5-20 / Tess Knighton ; The Cantum ecclesiasticum of Felipe de Magalhães / Owen Rees
- Spanish Marian music for the divine office. The polyphonic Marian antiphon in Renaissance Spain / Michael B. O'Connor ; Victoria's Marian antiphon settings: some observations / Noel O'Regan ; The Magnificat Quarti toni and Spanish Marian devcotion / Joseph Sargent
- The unexpected and reassessed. The blessed and the sinner: two foundation myths of Brazilian music historiography / Rogério Budasz ; Uncataloguing Spanish music: a ghost appears in seventeenth-century collections / Esteban Hernández Castelló ; Judith's song: creating the warrior priestess / Deborah Lawrence ; The greatest miracle of San Blas: a convent as noble chapel in early modern Spain / Roberta Freund Schwartz
- Foreign influences and intersections. A master, an icon, and a cause in mid-seventeenth-century Mexico Missa quam pulchri sunt gressus tui by Francisco López Capillas as a new world of wonder / Lester D. Brothers ; Luys de Narváez and the intabulation tradition of Josquin's Mille regretz / Walter Clark ; Josquin in the music of Morales: musico-rhetorical devices in Salve Regina and other works / Bernadette Nelson.
- Publication date
- Festschrift series ; no. 27
- 9781576472033 (alk. paper)
- 1576472035 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: