[Chikyo zenzu : Western Hemisphere].
- [S.l. : s.n., 1793].
- Physical description
- 1 manuscript map : hand col. ; 1 hemisphere 40.8 cm. in diam., on sheet 53.5 x 43.8 cm.
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G3290 1793 .K64||In-library use|
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1: 150,000,000] (W 160º--E 10º/N 80º--S 60º).
- California shown as a peninsula with very narrow northern attachment to mainland (nearly an island).
- Map lacks all non-cartographic marginal details that appear in the final copperplate produced map.
- Cartography may be derived from Covens & Mortier maps, and the decorations for the engraving from François Valentijn's Oud en Nieuw Oost-Indiën of 1726.
- [Northwest passage] is shown cutting across the continent.
- 4 small hemispheres drawn in sheet corners show polar projections and eastern hemisphere.
- Traces various sea routes.
- McLaughlin map number 1121.
Browse related items
Start at call number: