Orchids [videorecording] : my intersex adventure
- producer and director, Phoebe Hart ; produced in association with The Australian Broadcasting Corporation ; produced by Hartflicker Moving Pictures.
- New York : Women Make Movies, 2010.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (60 min.) : sd, col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- "Gen X filmmaker Phoebe Hart always knew she was different growing up -- but she didn't know why. This award-winning documentary traces Phoebe's voyage of self-discovery across Australia as an intersex person, a group of conditions formely termed hermaphroditism. Learning only in her teens that she was born with 46XY (male) chromosomes, Hart now seeks to understand her own story and the stories of other affected by this complex and often shameful syndrome. Questioning rigidly defined constructs of gender, sexuality, and normality, often with lively humor, Orchids is an engaging portrait of survival, courage and reconciliation"--Container.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- My intersex adventure
- "A Women Make Movies release"--Cover.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2010.
- Production Credits
- Cinematography, Phoebe Hart, Bonnie Hart ; editing, Vanessa Milton ; music and sound, Tfer Newsome, Davin Patterson, Biddy Connor.
- Phoebe Hart, Bonnie Hart, Marie and Dennis Hart, James Davidson, Aleyshia Manning, Tony Briffa, Chris Somers.
- DVD, NTSC.
- Includes public performance rights.
- Winner Australia Teachers of Media Award (ATOM); Frameline San Francisco, International LGBT Film Festival, Official Selection; Brisbane International Festival, Official Selection; Mardi Gras Film Festival, Australia, Official Selection.
Browse related items
Start at call number: