A student handbook for writing in biology
- Karin Knisely, Bucknell University.
- Fourth edition.
- Sunderland, Massachusetts : Sinauer Associates, Inc., 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvii, 318 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Knisely, Karin.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 301-305) and index.
- Preface 1. The Scientific Method 2. Developing a Literature Search Strategy 3. Reading and Writing Scientific Papers 4. Step-by-Step Instructions for Preparing a Laboratory Report or Scientific Paper 5. Revision 6. A 'Good' Sample Student Laboratory Report 7. Poster Presentations 8. Oral Presentations Appendix 1. Word Processing in Microsoft Word 2010 Appendix 2. Making Graphs in Microsoft Excel 2010 and Excel for Mac 2011 Appendix 3. Preparing Oral Presentations with Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A Student Handbook for Writing in Biology is an engaging, acessible resource designed to help students obtain the skills and confidence they need to succeed as biologists. Featuring clear and practical advice to students covering the entire paper writing process, from finding primary literature, to writing a laboratory report to presenting findings, this handbook is invaluable for anyone studying biology. The fourth edition has been revised to reflect the latest technological developments, including updated appendices for Microsoft Office 2007 for Windows 7 and Excel for Mac 2011, a section on saving formats for the chart templates provided and an updated section on online backup options to recognise our increased reliance on the Internet. A wealth of online resources are also available to support your teaching; these include a Biology Lab Report Template in Microsoft Word, a Biology Lab Report Checklist, Evaluation Forms for Oral and Poster Presentations and much more.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781464150760 (pbk.)
- 1464150761 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: