Media and digital literacies in secondary school
LB1043 .K855 2013
- Unknown LB1043 .K855 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -149) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- "Media and Digital Literacies in Secondary School" examines young people's media practices and media literacies in school spaces where these practices mix in the school environment and learning in different ways. Young people bring their own media and literacy practices to the school as an important part of an identity, taste, and social life. These practices are changing school's media ecology, making school's physical boundaries more permeable, creating new, unofficial spaces in them, and transgressing the boundaries of private and public. This book highlights youth's media production practices, from photography and video making to fan fiction writing and online role-playing, which have different relations to the school, and shows how these practices make a dialog between informal and formal learning and that teachers have an important part in collaborative relationships with pupils when teachers encourage and motivate pupils and help them to understand media phenomena. The volume will be of particular interest to scholars and graduate students in the fields of education, new literacies, media and communication studies, media and art education, and youth studies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Reijo Kupiainen.
- New literacies and digital epistemologies ; v. 59
- 9781433118418 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1433118416 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781433118401 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781453909430 (e-book)
- 1433118408 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1453909435 (e-book)