Funding your career in science : from research idea to personal grant
- Ritsert C. Jansen, University of Groningen.
- Cambridge, United Kingdom : Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- vi, 209 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Jansen, Ritsert C., author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 195-201) and index.
- Introduction-- 1. Applicant-- 2. Agency-- 3. Proposal-- 4. Evaluation-- 5. Support-- Epilogue-- Further reading-- Acknowledgements-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Dreaming of a successful future in science? This practical guide for students, postdocs and professors offers a unique step-by-step approach to help you get the funding to start or consolidate your own research career. From preparing and writing effective career grant applications, to understanding how funding agencies will evaluate them, it provides guidance to enhance your skills and combine them with those of others who can support you on the road to success. Learn how to generate great original ideas for your application, strategically prepare and optimise your plan and resume, develop a convincing title and abstract, convert reviewers' comments to your advantage, and succeed at a selection interview. With numerous valuable tips, real-life stories and novel practical exercises, this must-read guide provides everything you need to optimise your funding opportunities and take responsibility for your own career in science.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Companion website
- Publication date
- 9781107624177 (paperback)
- 9781107040069 (hardback)
- 110704006X (hardback)
- 1107624177 (paperback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: