Fractal physiology and chaos in medicine
- Bruce J. West.
- 2nd ed.
- HACKENSACK, N.J. : World Scientific, c2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 332 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Studies of nonlinear phenomena in life sciences ; v. 16.
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QP33.6 .C48 W47 2013||Unknown|
- West, Bruce J.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 281-311) and index.
- Introduction-- Physiology in Fractal Dimensions-- Dynamics in Fractal Dimensions-- Statistics in Fractal Dimensions-- Applications of Chaotic Attractors-- Physiologic Networks: The Final Chapter?.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814417792 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- This exceptional book is concerned with the application of fractals and chaos, as well as other concepts from nonlinear dynamics to biomedical phenomena. Herein we seek to communicate the excitement being experienced by scientists upon making application of these concepts within the life sciences. Mathematical concepts are introduced using biomedical data sets and the phenomena being explained take precedence over the mathematics. In this new edition what has withstood the test of time has been updated and modernized; speculations that were not borne out have been expunged and the breakthroughs that have occurred in the intervening years are emphasized. The book provides a comprehensive overview of a nascent theory of medicine, including a new chapter on the theory of complex networks as they pertain to medicine.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814417792 20160615
- Publication date
- Studies of nonlinear phenomena in life sciences ; v. 16
- 9789814417792 (hbk.)
- 9814417793 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: