Ammonium nitrate explosives for civil applications [electronic resource] : slurries, emulsions and ammonium nitrate fuel oils
- Erode G. Mahadevan.
- Weinheim : Wiley, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (232 p.)
- Mahadevan, Erode G.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- CLASSIFICATION OF EXPLOSIVES Initiation Sensitivity Size Usage Physical Form EXPLOSIVE SCIENCE Introduction Initiation and Detonation Propagation and Detonation Reaction Chemistry AMMONIUM NITRATE EXPLOSIVES Introduction Design of Commercial Explosives Tests AMMONIUM NITRATE Background Chemistry of Ammonium Nitrate Manufacture of Ammonium Nitrate AMMONIUM NITRATE / FUEL OIL EXPLOSIVES Introduction Manufacture Properties of Ammonium Nitrate Prills for Ammonium Nitrate / Fuel Oil Explosives Characteristics of Ammonium Nitrate / Fuel Oil Explosives Safety Considerations Quality Checks SLURRIES AND WATER GELS Development Design Manufacturing Technology Quality Checks Process and Health Hazards Role of Guar GUm Permissible Explosives General Purpose Small Diameter Product Sensitizers EMULSION EXPLOSIVES Introduction Concept Compositions Structure and Rheology Ingredients Manufacture Quality Checks Explosive Properties Permissible Emulsions General Purpose Small Diameter Product Bulk Emulsions Packaged Large Diameter Emulsions RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT Laboratory and Pilot Plant SAFETY MANAGEMENT Introduction Safety in Ammonium Nitrate / Fuel Oil Safety in Water Gels and Emulsions Summary of Safety Measures Electrostatic Hazards Lightening Protection Runaway Reactions Explosion Hazards in Equipment Waste Disposal.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527645701 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- The book describes the science and technology of formulation and manufacturing of non-nitroglycerine explosives with ammonium nitrate as the main ingredient. Based on the author's industry experience of more than thirty years, it provides an unparalleled treatment of one of the commercially most important classes of explosives and therefore stimulates further research and development efforts in the field of explosives for civil applications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527645701 20160615
- Publication date
- 9783527645688 (electronic bk.)
- 3527645683 (electronic bk.)
- 9783527645701 (electronic bk.)
- 3527645705 (electronic bk.)
- 9781283915397 (MyiLibrary)
- 1283915391 (MyiLibrary)