Computational and statistical methods for protein quantification by mass spectrometry
- Ingvar Eidhammer, Harald Barsnes, Geir Egil Eide, Lennart Martens.
- Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom : John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The definitive introduction to data analysis in quantitative proteomics This book provides all the necessary knowledge about mass spectrometry based proteomics methods and computational and statistical approaches to pursue the planning, design and analysis of quantitative proteomics experiments. The author's carefully constructed approach allows readers to easily make the transition into the field of quantitative proteomics. Through detailed descriptions of wet-lab methods, computational approaches and statistical tools, this book covers the full scope of a quantitative experiment, allowing readers to acquire new knowledge as well as acting as a useful reference work for more advanced readers. Computational and Statistical Methods for Protein Quantification by Mass Spectrometry: Introduces the use of mass spectrometry in protein quantification and how the bioinformatics challenges in this field can be solved using statistical methods and various software programs. Is illustrated by a large number of figures and examples as well as numerous exercises. Provides both clear and rigorous descriptions of methods and approaches. Is thoroughly indexed and cross-referenced, combining the strengths of a text book with the utility of a reference work. Features detailed discussions of both wet-lab approaches and statistical and computational methods. With clear and thorough descriptions of the various methods and approaches, this book is accessible to biologists, informaticians, and statisticians alike and is aimed at readers across the academic spectrum, from advanced undergraduate students to post doctorates entering the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118494042 20160610
- Publication date
- Available in another form
- Print version: Eidhammer, Ingvar. Computational and statistical methods for protein quantification by mass spectrometry Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom : John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2013 ( 9781119964001 )
- 9781118494042 (electronic bk.)
- 1118494040 (electronic bk.)
- 9781118493786 (electronic bk.)
- 1118493788 (electronic bk.)
- 9781119964001 (cloth)
- 1119964008 (cloth)