Early childhood literacy : the National Early Literacy Panel and beyond
- edited by Timothy Shanahan and Christopher J. Lonigan.
- Baltimore, Md. : Paul H. Brookes Pub. Co., c2013.
- Physical description
- xv, 317 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1140.5 .L3 E27 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- What are today's best practices in early literacy instruction--and what should schools and programs focus on in the near future? More than 20 of the biggest names in early literacy research explore the answers in this essential volume for program directors, administrators, and curriculum developers. Using the landmark National Early Literacy Panel (NELP) Report as a starting point, this accessible book breaks the report down into key takeaways, recommends future directions in policy and practice, and tackles emerging issues and new research not addressed in the NELP report. Readers will get balanced, insightful analyses of the latest research on identification of early literacy learning needs phonological awareness and print knowledge comprehension development effective book sharing with young children curriculum-based language interventions the effect of socio-emotional development on academic outcomes pre-K curricula (including which ones show clear evidence of positive effects) the role of home and parent programs in children's literacy development early literacy intervention for young children with special needsA critical volume that sets the stage for positive change, this important book is a must for every leader in early education. Readers will come away with a nuanced understanding of key issues and recommended practices--knowledge they'll use to drive their decision-making and strengthen early literacy outcomes for young children.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781598571158 20160610
- Publication date
- 9781598571158 (pbk.)
- 159857115X (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: