Cold blue two [sound recording]
- Adams ... [et al.].
- Venice, Calif. : Cold Blue, p2012.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
- Celli / Daniel Lentz (Erika Duke-Kirkpatrick, cello) (4:23)
- Son of Soe-pa / Ingram Marshall (Clement Marshall, classical guitar ; Ingram Marshall, electronic processing) (4:52)
- Another shore / Phillip Schroeder (Phillip Schroeder, celesta and digital delay) (4:12)
- Later / Rick Cox (Marty Walker and Phil O'Connor, clarinets ; Thomas Newman, piano ; Rick Cox, electronics/samples) (3:54)
- Sometimes the Sword of Seven / Chas Smith (Realized, recorded, and mixed by Chas Smith) (4:52)
- Sky with four suns / John Luther Adams (ETHEL: Cornelius Dufallo and Jennifer Choi, violins ; Ralph Farris, viola ; Dorothy Lawson, cello) (4:25)
- Come out, sit awhile; break the bottle, and you is lost / Read Miller (Sarah Cahill, piano)
- It never rains / Gavin Bryars (Rick Cox, electric guitar ; Alma Lisa Fernendez, viola ; Erika Duke-Kirkpatrick, cello ; James Bergman, double bass) (4:51)
- Prelude to alone / Michael Jon Fink (Brian Walsh, clarinet ; Alex Iles, alto, tenor, and bass trombones ; Michael Jon Fink, electric guitar) (3:17)
- Mallets in the air / James Tenney (Erin Barnes, Partch diamond marimba (in just intonation) ; Formalist Quartet: Andrew McIntosh and Andrew Tholl, violins ; Mark Menzies, viola ; Ashley Walters, cello) (4:40)
- Eskimo lullaby / Larry Polansky (John Schneider, voice and just-intonation National steel guitar) (3:59)
- Nights in the gardens of Maine / Peter Garland (Guy Klucevsek, accordion) (5:15)
- Hymn of change / David Rosenboom (Formalist Quartet: Andrew Tholl and Mark Menzies, violins ; Andrew McIntosh, viola ; Ashley Walters, cello) (3:02)
- Colorless sky became fog / Jim Fox (Theresa Dimond, hammered dulcimer ; Bryan Pezzone, piano ; Alma Lisa Fernandez, viola ; Erika Duke-Kirkpatrick and Jessica Catron, cello ; James Bergman, double bass) (2:59).
- Included Work
- Lentz, Daniel, 1942- Celli.
- Marshall, Ingram, 1942- Son of Soe-pa.
- Schroeder, Phillip, 1956- Another shore.
- Cox, Rick. Later.
- Smith, Chas. Sometimes the Sword of Seven.
- Adams, John Luther, 1953- Sky with four suns.
- Miller, Read. Come out, sit awhile; break the bottle, and you is lost.
- Bryars, Gavin It never rains.
- Fink, Michael Jon, 1954- Prelude to alone.
- Tenney, James Mallets in the air.
- Polansky, Larry, 1954- Eskimo lullaby.
- Garland, Peter, 1952- Nights in the gardens of Maine.
- Rosenboom, David. Hymn of change.
- Fox, James, 1953- Colorless sky became fog.
- Cello music.
- Electronic and guitar music.
- Celesta and electronic music.
- Quartets (Piano, clarinets (2), electronics)
- Electronic music.
- String quartets.
- Piano music.
- Quartets (Electric guitar, viola, cello, double bass)
- Trios (Clarinet, trombone, electric guitar)
- Quintets (Marimba, violins (2), viola, cello)
- Songs with guitar.
- Accordion music.
- Sextets (Piano, dulcimer, viola, cellos (2), double bass)
- Publication date
- For various instruments, in part with electronics and voices.
- Compact disc.
- Credits inserted in container.
- Various performers.
- Recorded between 2007-2012 at various locations.
- Publisher Number
- CB0036 Cold Blue
Browse related items
Start at call number: