Calcium signaling protocols
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QH506 .M45 V.937||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Fluorescent measurement of [Ca²⁺]c : basic practical considerations / Alec W.M. Simpson
- Measurement of [Ca²⁺]i in whole cell suspensions using Fura-2 / Anish Patel ... [et al.]
- Confocal microscopy : theory and applications for cellular signaling / Stephen C. Tovey ... [et al.]
- Ratiometric Ca²⁺ measurements using the FlexStation® scanning fluorometer / Ian C.B. Marshall, Izzy Boyfield, and Shaun McNulty
- Measuring Ca²⁺ changes in multiwell format using the fluorometric imaging plate reader (FLIPR®) / Ian C.B. Marshall, Davina E. Owen, and Shaun McNulty
- Ratiometric [Ca²⁺]i measurements in adherent cell-lines using the NOVOstar microplate reader / Benjamin D. Hunt and David G. Lambert
- Whole-cell patch-clamp recording of voltage-sensitive Ca²⁺ channel currents in single cells : heterologous expression systems and neurones / Jon Brown ... [et al.]
- Combined calcium fluorescence recording with ionic currents in contractile cells / Richard D. Rainbow
- Measurement of phospholipase C by monitoring inositol phosphates using [³H]inositol labeling protocols in permeabilized cells / Alison Skippen, Philip Swigart, and Shamshad Cockcroft
- Single-cell imaging techniques for the real-time detection of IP₃ in live cells / Carl P. Nelson
- Measurement of inositol(1,4,5)trisphosphate using a stereospecific radioreceptor mass assay / Darren Smart
- Measurement of [Ca²⁺]i in smooth muscle strips using front-surface fluorimetry / Hideo Kanaide and Katsuya Hirano
- Calcium measurements from whole heart using Rhod-2 / Bum-Rak Choi
- Measurement of changes in endothelial and smooth muscle Ca²⁺ in pressurized arteries / Kim A. Dora and Michael A. Hill
- Single cell and subcellular measurements of intracellular Ca²⁺ concentration / John G. McCarron ... [et al.]
- Simultaneous analysis of intracellular pH and Ca²⁺ from cell populations / Raul Martinez-Zaguilan ... [et al.]
- Measurements of Ca²⁺ concentration with recombinant targeted luminescent probes / Denis Ottolini, Tito Calì, and Marisa Brini
- Chimeric G proteins in fluorimetric calcium assays : experience with opioid receptors / Valeria Camarda and Girolamo Calo'
- Compartmentalizing genetically encoded calcium sensors / David A. Williams, Mastura Monif, and Kate L. Richardson
- Measurement of cytosolic-free Ca²⁺ in plant tissue / Martin R. McAinsh and Carl K.-Y. Ng
- Measurement of Ca²⁺-ATPase activity (in PMCA and SERCA1) / Danuta Kosk-Kosicka.
- Publisher's Summary
- The regulation of intracellular Ca2+ has continued to be a powerful area of study since the publication of the first and second editions of Calcium Signaling Protocols, and the developments in the field have also, naturally, continued. With the third edition, expert contributors explore some of the exciting new molecular techniques that have both enabled new studies of intracellular Ca2+ regulation and provided much new information on processes. Comprised of five main section, the book covers theoretical and very simple suspension-based fluorimetric assays, specialist measurement systems, measurement of channel activity, measurement of store release, as well as specialist measurement techniques which include targeted probes, using G-protein chimeras to force Ca2+ signalling for screening, and genetically encoded sensors. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Updated and accessible, Calcium Signaling Protocols, Third Edition will be a valuable reference for all those contemplating a move into the study of intracellular Ca2+.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Calcium > Laboratory manuals.
- Calcium > Research > Methodology.
- Calcium channels > Research > Methodology.
- Cellular signal transduction > Research > Methodology.
- Calcium > pharmacokinetics > Laboratory Manuals.
- Calcium channels > pharmacokinetics > Laboratory Manuals.
- Calcium Signaling > physiology > Laboratory Manuals.
- Signal Transduction > Laboratory Manuals.
- Publication date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 937
- Springer protocols
- Previous ed.: 2006.
- 9781627030854 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1627030859 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781627030861 (ebk.)
- 1627030867 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: