Raising global IQ : preparing our students for a shrinking planet
- Carl F. Hobert.
- Boston : Beacon Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxviii, 194 p. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LC1090 .H63 2013
- Unknown LC1090 .H63 2013
- Hobert, Carl F., 1961-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 185-186) and index.
- "In Raising Global IQ, Carl Hobert calls on K-12 teachers, administrators, parents, and students alike to transform the educational system by giving students the tools they need to become responsible citizens in a shrinking, increasingly interdependent world. Drawing on his nearly thirty years teaching, developing curricula, and leading conflict-resolution workshops here and around the world, he offers creative, well-tested, and understandable pedagogical ideas to help improve our children's GIQ: Global Intelligence Quotient. Cognizant of many U.S. schools' limited budgets and time, Hobert advocates teaching foreign languages early in life, honing students' conflict-resolution skills, providing creative-service learning opportunities, and offering cultural-exchange possibilities in students' own communities, as well as nationally and abroad--all before they graduate from high school"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- 9780807032886 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- 0807032883 (hbk. : acid-free paper)