Restoring justice in Colombia : Conciliation in Equity
- Sue Mahan, with Maria de Jesus Illera and Luis E. Sanchez.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 202 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|KHH5935 .M34 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -191) and index.
- Changes and challenges : how was conciliation in equality possible in Columbia?
- Restoring justice : what were the theoretical and philosophical foundations for Conciliation in Equity?
- Origins : how did Conciliation in Equity originate?
- Practices and procedures : what is Conciliation en Equidad?
- Images : who were the Conciliators in Equity?
- Contexts and conditions : where was Conciliation in Equity conducted?
- Patrons : who were the participants in Conciliation in Equity?
- Reports and observations : what were the results of Conciliation in Equity?
- Comments, ideas, and suggestions : what is to be learned from Conciliation in Equity?
- Publisher's Summary
- Restoring Justice in Colombia is based on research, observations, and dialogues with the volunteers who carry out community justice in a country struggling with violence, social inequality, and massive displacement of persons. The program 'Conciliation in Equity' provides free legal services to those most in need of the resolution of conflicts. The book covers both the legal processes and the social process involved. It explains cultural and historical contexts, and gives examples and images that bring the program to life.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: