Advances in mapping from remote sensor imagery : techniques and applications
- edited by Xiaojun Yang, Jonathan Li.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 427 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 24 cm
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|GA102.4 .R44 A38 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Modern photogrammetric mapping, Ayma n F. Habib Airborne LiDAR remote sensing and its applications, Keqi Zha ng, Zheng Cui, and Patricia A. Houle Advanced algorithms for land use and cover classification, Mahesh Pal Global digital elevation model development from satellite remote-sensing data, Dean B. Gesch Digital elevation model generation from satellite interferometric synthetic aperture radar, Zhong Lu, Hyung-Sup Jung, Lei Zha ng, Wonjin Lee, Chang-Wook Lee, and Daniel Dzurisin Shoreline mapping, Christopher E. Parrish Seeing residential buildings from remotely sensed imagery: An object-oriented approach, Xuelian Meng, Nate Currit, Le Wang, and Xiaojun Yang Assessment of urbanization patterns and trends in the Gulf of Mexico region of the southeast United States with Landsat and nighttime lights imagery, George Xian and Collin Homer Fractional vegetation cover mapping from the HJ-1 small satellite hyperspectral data, Xianfeng Zhang and Chunhua Liao Estimating and mapping forest leaf area index using satellite imagery, Ruiliang Pu Effects of the spatial pattern of vegetation cover on urban warming in a desert city, Soe W. Myint Remote sensing of algal blooms in inland waters using the matrix inversion method and semiempirical algorithms, Glenn Campbell Advanced geospatial techniques for mapping and monitoring invasive species, Le Wang and Amy E. Frazier Surface deformation mapping with persistent scatterer radar interferometry, Guoxiang Liu, Lei Zhang, Xiaoli Ding, Qiang Chen, Xiaojun Luo, and Guolin Cai Mapping marine oil spills from space, Tae-Jung Kwon and Jonathan Li Remote-sensing techniques for natural disaster impact assessment, Piero Boccardo and Fabio Giulio Tonolo.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439874585 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- Advances in Mapping from Remote Sensor Imagery: Techniques and Applications reviews some of the latest developments in remote sensing and information extraction techniques applicable to topographic and thematic mapping. Providing an interdisciplinary perspective, leading experts from around the world have contributed chapters examining state-of-the-art techniques as well as widely used methods. The book covers a broad range of topics including photogrammetric mapping and LiDAR remote sensing for generating high quality topographic products, global digital elevation models, current methods for shoreline mapping, and the identification and classification of residential buildings. Contributors also showcase cutting-edge developments for environmental and ecological mapping, including assessment of urbanization patterns, mapping vegetation cover, monitoring invasive species, and mapping marine oil spills-crucial for monitoring this significant environmental hazard. The authors exemplify the information presented in this text with case studies from around the world. Examples include: * Envisat/ERS-2 images used to generate digital elevation models over northern Alaska *In situ radiometric observations and MERIS images employed to retrieve chlorophyll a concentration in inland waters in Australia * ERS-1/2 SAR images utilized to map spatiotemporal deformation in the southwestern United States Aerospace sensors and related information extraction techniques that support various mapping applications have recently garnered more attention due to the advances in remote sensing theories and technologies. This book brings together top researchers in the field, providing a state-of-the-art review of some of the latest advancements in remote sensing and mapping technologies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439874585 20160615
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781439874585 (alk. paper)
- 1439874581 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: