The practitioner guide to skills training for struggling kids
- Michael L. Bloomquist.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- viii, 328 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|HQ773 .B55 2013||Unknown|
- Bloomquist, Michael L.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 311-322) and index.
- Introduction. Part I. Background Information. Behavioral-Emotional Problems and Developmental Struggles in Children. Skills-Training Methods Used in the "Struggling Kids" Program. Part II. Practice Guidelines for the "Struggling Kids" Program and Modules. Procedures to Use with All Families Receiving the "Struggling Kids" Program. Using the Getting Started and Staying with It Module. Using the Child Behavioral Development Module. Using the Child Social Development Module. Using the Child Emotional Development Module. Using the Child Academic Development Module. Using the Parent Well-Being Module. Using the Family Well-Being Module. Part III. Case Examples. Practice Illustrations of the "Struggling Kids" Program. Appendix: Implementation Support Protocol for the "Struggling Kids" Program.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781462507368 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- Addressing frequently encountered emotional, behavioral, and academic difficulties, this essential guide shows how to help parents implement proven skills-building strategies with their kids (ages 5-17). The author draws on over 25 years of research and clinical practice to provide a flexible program for individual families or parent groups. The focus is on teaching kids the skills they need to get their development back on track and teaching parents to cope with and manage challenging behavior. Featuring vignettes and troubleshooting tips, the Practitioner Guide is packed with ideas for engaging clients and tailoring the interventions. In a large-size format for easy photocopying, it contains more than 60 reproducible handouts and forms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781462507368 20160610
- Publication date
- 9781462507368 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1462507360 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: