Damascus diary : an inside account of Hafez Al-Assad's peace diplomacy, 1990-2000
- Bouthaina Shaaban.
- Boulder : Lynne Rienner Publishers, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 245 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|DS98.4 .S53 2013||Unknown|
- Shaaban, Bouthaina.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 231-234) and index.
- The road to Madrid
- Blessed are the peacemakers
- The rise of Bill Clinton
- Syria's honeymoon with Clinton's America
- The deposit that never was
- Rabin's assassination and the long road to nowhere
- The legacy of Yusuf al-Azma
- The April understanding
- The not-so-secret Lauder talks
- The Shepherdstown debacle
- The man who did not sign
- Publisher's Summary
- Bouthaina Shaaban worked closely with Syria's President Hafez al-Assad from 1990 until the time of his death, serving as both official interpreter and adviser. Her book, part memoir and part historical account, takes the reader behind the closed doors of the Syrian Presidential Palace to provide uniquely Syrian perceptions of the failed Arab-Israel peace talks.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781588268631 20160610
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Inside account of Hafez Al-Assad's peace diplomacy, 1990-2000
- 9781588268631 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1588268632 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: