Advanced literacy practices : from the clinic to the classroom
- edited by Evan Ortlieb, Earl H. Cheek, Jr.
- 1st ed.
- United Kingdom ; North America : Emerald, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 406 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Literacy research, practice and evaluation ; v. 2.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1576 .A38 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Contents List of Contributors Introduction - Evan Ortlieb Part I. A HISTORICAL VIEW OF STUDENT LEARNING AND TEACHER DEVELOPMENT IN READING CLINICS B.P. Laster CREATING A UNIVERSITY-BASED LITERACY CENTER - Debra Coffey, Daphne Hubbard, Marie Holbein, and Stacy Delacruz DESIGNING AN OFF-CAMPUS LITERACY CLINIC, Tammy Ryan COACHING FOR SUCCESS: UCF ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS IN LITERACY, Michelle Kelley and Taylar Wenzel CREATING AN OPTIMAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT FOR STRUGGLING READERS, Rose Marie Codling Part 2. VOCABULARY/COMPREHENSION-BASED MODELS OF READING CLINICS - Evan Ortlieb, Wolfram Verlaan, and Earl H. Cheek, Jr. WHEN KIDS CAN'T READ, WHAT A FOCUS ON FLUENCY CAN DO - Belinda Zimmerman, Timothy Rasinski, and Maria Melewski BUILDING WRITING COMMUNITIES AND PARTNERING WITH FAMILIES: MULTIPLE PERPSECTIVES FROM A WRITING PRACTICUM - Cheryl Dozier and Julie Smit PREPARING SPECIAL EDUCATORS TO TEACH READING: A PRE-STUDENT TEACHING PRACTICUM - Mary Anne Prater, Nari Carter, and JoAnn Munk TRANSFER AND TRANSFORMATION OF KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICES FROM LITERACY CLINIC TO COMMUNITY - Stephanie McAndrews and Shadrack Msengi PREPARING PRE-SERVICE TEACHERS TO DIFFERENTIATE INSTRUCTION FOR LINGUISTICALLY DIVERSE STUDENTS IN URBAN CLASSROOMS - Patricia Paugh and Mary Brady Part 3. TAKING TECHNOLOGY FROM CLINIC TO CLASSROOM - Lee Ann Tysseling and B.P. Laster PROVIDING A "POCKET TUTOR": ENHANCING METACOGNITION THROUGH PODCASTED COMPREHENSION PROMPTS - Erica Bowers, Ula Manzo, Ann Taratine, and Melissa Base INNOVATIVE PRACTICES IN THE READING CLINIC: HELPING "DIGITAL NATIVES" INCORPORATE 21ST CENTURY TECHNOLOGIES - Joan A. Rhodes SUPPORTING STRUGGLING READERS AND LITERACY CLINICIANS THROUGH REFLECTIVE VIDEO PEDAGOGY - Lynn Shanahan, Mary McVee, Jennifer Schiller, Elizabeth Tynan, Rosa D'Abate, Caroline Flury-Kashmanian, Tyler Rinker, Ashlee Ebert, and H. Emily Hayden Part 4. THE GRADUAL INCREASE OF RESPONSIBILITY MODEL: MENTORING FOR IMPROVED INTERVENTION - Vicki Collet PEER CONFERENCING: ADDING A COLLABORATIVE COMPONENT TO GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE UNIVERSITY READING CLINICS - Sherrye Garrett and Lucinda Juarez KEEPING LEARNERS AT THE CENTER OF TEACHING - Cheryl Dozier and Theresa Deeney INNOVATIVE PRACTICES: DEVELOPING EFFECTIVE COLLABORATION AND PARTNERSHIPS WITHIN SCHOOL-BASED READING CLINICS - Tammy Milby firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Advanced Literacy Practices: From the Clinic to the Classroom includes salient information about clinical literacy practices that transfer to other settings. From historical perspectives to cutting edge instructional techniques, this edited text includes elements of designing literacy clinics, models of reading and writing practices, technology-based instruction, and frameworks for meeting the diverse needs of students. As the second volume in the series, Literacy Research, Practice, and Evaluation, notable authors share their perspectives as effective literacy clinic directors of how to enhance the literacy achievement of students. These first-hand accounts are critical as readers glean from their career-long devotion and decades of research, practice, and experimentation. Readers garner rich perspectives on literacy improvement through this research-based practical guide. It provides a current examination of issues and trends in clinical literacy practices appropriate for novice and experienced educators and researchers alike.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Literacy research, practice and evaluation ; v. 2
- 9781781905036 (pbk.)
- 1781905037 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: