U-turn teaching : strategies to accelerate learning and transform middle school achievement
- Rich Allen, Jenn Currie.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, 
- Physical description
- xiv, 182 pages ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1623 .A55 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 175-176) and index.
- Foreword: The Story of Jenn Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. Why Many Middle School Students Need to Make a U-Turn 2. Creating and Maintaining Trust 3. Create a Collaborative Community 4. Take a TEAMing Approach 5. Prime the Positive Environment 6. U-Turn Teaching in Action Appendix References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412996464 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- U-Turn Teaching is founded on Rich Allen's 'Green Light' education strategies, in which every activity is designed to proactively support learning. This book builds on what researchers have discovered about how the adolescent brain learns best and shows how those discoveries directly relate to effective classroom teaching. It will help to engage all students, even unmotivated ones, and help them make a U-turn by applying these four principles of brain-based learning: - build and maintain trust - create a collaborative community - take a TEAMing approach - prime the positive environment. U-Turn Teaching demonstrates how to realistically accomplish these four principles in the classroom. When educators are able to embed positive, efficient and effective patterns of learning in the middle years, students are far more likely to succeed in high school and beyond.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412996464 20160610
- Publication date
- 9781412996464 (pbk.)
- 1412996465 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: