Thrive in cell biology
- Qiuyu Wang, Chris Smith, Emma Davis.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- viii, 468 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Thrive in bioscience: revision guides
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QH581.2 .W36 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- INTRODUCING CELLS -- 1. Introduction to cell biology -- 2. Methods of studying cells -- 3. Biological membranes -- 4. Structure and activities of prokaryotic cells -- 5. Molecular biology of the prokaryotes -- 6. The nucleus -- 7. The cytosol and cytoskeleton -- 8. The endoplasmic reticulum -- 9. Golgi apparatus, the endosomal-lysosomal system and vacuoles -- 10. Chloroplasts and photosynthesis -- 11. Mitochondria, hydrogenosomes, and mitosomes -- 12. Microbodies -- THE CELLULAR ENVIRONMENT -- 13. Eukaryotic cell walls -- 14. Extracellular matrix and connective tissues -- CELL INTEGRATION AND LIFE CYCLE -- 15. Cell signalling -- 16. Eukaryotic cell cycle, mitosis and meiosis -- 17. Cell death -- CELLS IN HEALTH AND DISEASE -- 18. Viruses.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780199697328 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- The Thrive in Bioscience revision guides are written to help students achieve exam success in all core areas of bioscience. Each title encourages the reader to follow four steps to maximise their learning, with features to support this process. Step One: Review the facts The revision guides are designed to help learning be quick and effective: * Information is set out in bullet points, making it easy to digest. * Clear, uncluttered illustrations illuminate what is said in the text. * Key concept panels summarise the essential learning points. Step 2: Check your understanding Readers are encouraged to: * Complete the questions at the end of chapters and online multiple-choice questions to reinforce their learning. * Use the flashcard app to master the essential terms and phrases. Step 3: Take note of extra advice Revision tips, and hints for getting those precious extra marks in exams, are presented throughout. Step 4: Go the extra mile Readers can explore the suggestions for further reading to take their understanding one step further. Each title in the series is tailored to maximise understanding and achievement, to ensure that the reader really can thrive in their studies. They are the perfect course companions for any bioscience degree. Each title in the series is accompanied by the following digital resources: A flashcard glossary app, enabling the user to test their understanding of key terminology; A bank of interactive MCQs, giving users a hands-on way to check they have fully understood the concepts presented.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780199697328 20160612
- Publication date
- 9780199697328 (pbk.)
- 0199697329 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: