Arithmetic and geometry around Galois theory
- Pierre Dèbes ... [et al.], editors.
- Basel ; New York : Birkhäuser, c2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 401 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Progress in mathematics (Boston, Mass.) ; v. 304.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA214 .A75 2013||Unknown|
- Dèbes, Pierre.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface.- J. Bertin: Algebraic stacks with a view toward moduli stacks of covers.- M. Romagny: Models of curves.- A. Cadoret: Galois categories:- M. Emsalem. Fundamental groupoid scheme.- N. Borne: Extension of Galois groups by solvable groups, and application to fundamental groups of curves.- M.A. Garuti: On the "Galois closure" for finite morphisms.- J.-C. Douai: Hasse Principle and Cohomology of Groups.- Z. Wojtkowiak: Periods of mixed Tate motives, examples, l-adic side.- L. Bary-Soroker and E. Paran: On totally ramified extensions of discrete valued fields.- R.-P. Holzapfel and M. Petkova: An Octahedral Galois-Reflection Tower of Picard Modular Congruence Subgroups.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This Lecture Notes volume is the fruit of two research-level summer schools jointly organized by the GTEM node at Lille University and the team of Galatasaray University (Istanbul): "Geometry and Arithmetic of Moduli Spaces of Coverings (2008)" and "Geometry and Arithmetic around Galois Theory (2009)". The volume focuses on geometric methods in Galois theory. The choice of the editors is to provide a complete and comprehensive account of modern points of view on Galois theory and related moduli problems, using stacks, gerbes and groupoids. It contains lecture notes on etale fundamental group and fundamental group scheme, and moduli stacks of curves and covers. Research articles complete the collection.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Progress in mathematics ; v. 304
- 9783034804868 (hbk.)
- 3034804865 (hbk.)
- 9783034804875 (ebk.)
- 3034804873 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: