Time-domain Finite Element Methods for Maxwell's Equations in Metamaterials
- Jichun Li, Yunqing Huang.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 302 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Springer series in computational mathematics ; 43.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QC670 .L5 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p.285-297) and index.
- Introduction to Metamaterials.- Introduction to Finite Element Methods.- Time-Domain Finite Element Methods for Metamaterials.- Discontinuous Galerkin Methods for Metamaterials.- Superconvergence Analysis for Metamaterials.- A Posteriori Error Estimation.- A Matlab Edge Element Code.- Perfectly Matched Layers.- Simulation of Metamaterials.- References.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642337888 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- The purpose of this book is to provide an up-to-date introduction to the time-domain finite element methods for Maxwell's equations involving metamaterials. Since the first successful construction of a metamaterial with both negative permittivity and permeability in 2000, the study of metamaterials has attracted significant attention from researchers across many disciplines. Thanks to enormous efforts on the part of engineers and physicists, metamaterials present great potential applications in antenna and radar design, sub-wavelength imaging, and invisibility cloak design. Hence the efficient simulation of electromagnetic phenomena in metamaterials has become a very important issue and is the subject of this book, in which various metamaterial modeling equations are introduced and justified mathematically. The development and practical implementation of edge finite element methods for metamaterial Maxwell's equations are the main focus of the book. The book finishes with some interesting simulations such as backward wave propagation and time-domain cloaking with metamaterials.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642337888 20160612
- Publication date
- Springer series in computational mathematics, 0179-3632 ; 43
Browse related items
Start at call number: