Number five : cities of gold and mirrors
- [editor, Julia Stoschek Foundation e.V., Düsseldorf].
- English. Text in English and German.
- Ostfildern : Hatje Cantz, 2012.
- Physical description
- 142,  p. : chiefly ill. (chiefly col.) ; 28 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Number five. Cities of gold and mirrors / [Texte von Renate Buschmann ... ; Übersetzungen Deutsch-Englisch: Jeremy Gaines].
- This extensive publication documents new works acquired for the Julia Stoschek Collection in recent years as well as site-specific interventions in its exhibition space. Rather than a thematic concept, the forty-four works by thirty-five artists follow various content-related threads that reflect topical themes of contemporary art. The title, "Cities of Gold and Mirrors", not only refers to the film by Cyprien Gaillard, but is also a metaphor for a confrontation with sociopolitical questions concerning urban development and urbanism, along with the relationship between human beings and architecture as well as their personal desires and vanities.0Exhibition: Julia Stoschek Collection, Düsseldorf, Germany (2.7.2011-7.2012). 0.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Cities of gold and mirrors
- Julia Stoschek Collection Number five : cities of gold and mirrors.
- Number five : cities of gold and mirrors
- Number 5 : cities of gold and mirrors
- Catalogue of the exhibition "Number Five: Cities of Gold and Mirrors, held at the Julia Stoschek Collection, Düsseldorf, from 2 July 2011 to 30 June 2012.
- 9783775733083 (hbk.)
- 3775733086 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: