Optical nano and micro actuator technology
- edited by George K. Knopf, Yukitoshi Otani.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxi, 617 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TK8304 .O65 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction to Optical Actuation Light-Driven and Optically Actuated Technologies, George K. Knopf Nature of Light, Suwas K. Nikumb and M. Chandra Sekhar Photoresponsive Materials Fundamentals of Molecular Photoactuation, Timothy J. Kucharski and Roman Boulatov Photo-Mechanical Azo Polymers for Light-Powered Actuation and Artificial Muscles, Zahid Mahimwalla, Kevin G. Yager, Jun-ichi Mamiya, Atsushi Shishido, and Christopher J. Barrett Photostrictive Microactuators, Kenji Uchino Science and Applications of Photomechanical Actuation of Carbon Nanostructures, Balaji Panchapakesan Light-Induced Phase Transition of Gels for Smart Functional Elements, Atsushi Suzuki Harnessing Light and Optical Forces Optical and Optoelectronic Tweezers, Arash Jamshidi, Steven L. Neale, and Ming C. Wu Design of Optically Driven Microrotors, Halina Rubinsztein-Dunlop, Theodor Asavei, Alexander B. Stilgoe, Vincent L.Y. Loke, Robert Vogel, Timo A. Nieminen, and Norman R. Heckenberg Optically Driven Microfluidic Devices Produced by Multiphoton Microfabrication, Shoji Maruo On-Demand Holographic Optical Tweezers, Johtaro Yamamoto and Toshiaki Iwai Optically Driven Systems Photothermal Actuation, Yukitoshi Otani Light-Driven Micro- and Nanofluidic Systems, George K. Knopf and Khaled Al-Aribe Optical NEMS and MEMS, Chengkuo Lee and Kah How Koh Integrated Optofluidics and Optomechanical Devices Manufactured by Femtosecond Lasers, Yves Bellouard, Ali A. Said, Mark Dugan, and Philippe Bado Multiscale, Hierarchical Integration of Soft Polymer Micro- and Nanostructures into Optical MEMS, Katsuo Kurabayashi, Nien-Tsu Huang, and Yi-Chung Tung Applications of Optical Actuation Biophotonics and Its Applications in Lab-on-a-Chip or BioMEMS Platforms, Peipei Jia and Jun Yang Light-Driven Optical Scanner for Fiber-Optic Endoscope, Hiroshi Toshiyoshi Light-Activated and Powered Shape Memory Alloy, Hideki Okamura Optically Driven Microrobotics, Yukitoshi Otani Light Propulsion Systems for Spacecraft, Bernd Dachwald Perspectives on Light-Driven Actuators, George K. Knopf and Yukitoshi Otani Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- In Optical Nano and Micro Actuator Technology, leading engineers, material scientists, chemists, physicists, laser scientists, and manufacturing specialists offer an in-depth, wide-ranging look at the fundamental and unique characteristics of light-driven optical actuators. They discuss how light can initiate physical movement and control a variety of mechanisms that perform mechanical work at the micro- and nanoscale. The book begins with the scientific background necessary for understanding light-driven systems, discussing the nature of light and the interaction between light and NEMS/MEMS devices. It then covers innovative optical actuator technologies that have been developed for many applications. The book examines photoresponsive materials that enable the design of optically driven structures and mechanisms and describes specific light-driven technologies that permit the manipulation of micro- and nanoscale objects. It also explores applications in optofluidics, bioMEMS and biophotonics, medical device design, and micromachine control. Inspiring the next generation of scientists and engineers to advance light-driven technologies, this book gives readers a solid grounding in this emerging interdisciplinary area. It thoroughly explains the scientific language and fundamental principles, provides a holistic view of optical nano and micro actuator systems, and illustrates current and potential applications of light-driven systems.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781439840535 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1439840539 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: