Analysis of turbulent flows with computer programs
- Tuncer Cebeci.
- 3rd ed.
- Oxford, UK ; Waltham, MA : Elsevier/Butterworth-Heinemann, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 450 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QA913 .C4 2013||Unknown|
- Cebeci, Tuncer.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Analysis of Turbulent Flows is written by one of the most prolific authors in the field of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). Professor Tuncer Cebeci calls on both his academic and industrial experience from teaching aerodynamics at SUPAERO, and directing DMAE at ONERA when presenting this work. Each chapter of this book has been specifically constructed to provide a comprehensive overview of turbulent flow and its measurement. The third edition expands the solution of the boundary-layer equations with transport-equation turbulence models, considers the solution of the boundary-layer equations with flow separation, and provides computer programs for calculating attached and separating flows with several turbulence models. Analysis of Turbulent Flows serves as an advanced textbook for PhD candidates working in the field of CFD, making this book essential reading for researchers, practitioners in industry, and MSc and MEng students. It offers an overview of the development and application of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), with real applications to industry. It contains a unique section on "short-cut" methods - simple approaches to practical engineering problems. It describes several computer programs for calculating two-dimensional laminar and turbulent incompressible flows.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080983356 20160612
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: published as Analysis of turbulent flows. Amsterdam; Oxford: Elsevier, 2004.
- Related Work
- Cebeci, Tuncer. Analysis of turbulent flows.
- 9780080983356 (hbk.)
- 0080983359 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: