Hemp : industrial production and uses
- edited by Pierre Bouloc, Serge Allegret, and Laurent Arnaud ; translated from orginal French text by Glen Cousquer.
- Uniform Title
- Chanvre industriel. English.
- Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK ; Cambridge, MA : CABI, c2013.
- Physical description
- viii, 313 p. : ill. ; 25 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|SB255 .C4713 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Hemp: A Plant with a Worldwide Distribution-- 2. The History of Hemp-- 3. Physiology and Botany of Industrial Hemp-- 4. Genetics and Selection of Hemp-- 5. Factors Affecting the Yield of Industrial Hemp - Experimental Results from France-- 6. Hemp Agronomics and Cultivation-- 7. Legislative Controls on the Cultivation of Hemp-- 8. The Agricultural Economics of Hemp-- 9. The Industrial Hemp Economy-- 10. Integrated Quality Management for Bast Fibres in Technical Applications-- 11. Use of Natural Fibres in Composites for German Automotive Production from 1999 till 2005-- 12. Increasing Demand for European Hemp Fibres-- 13. Hemp in Paper Making-- 14. Hemp and Plastics-- 15. Medicinal Uses of Hemp-- 16. Hemp Seeds for Nutrition-- 17. Hemp and the Construction Industry-- 18. The Uses of Hemp for Domestic Animals-- 19. Chemical and Morphological Differences in Hemp Varieties-- 20. Hemp Production outside the EU - Eastern Europe and North America-- 21. The Role of Hemp in Sustainable Development.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781845937935 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Hemp production for industrial purposes continues to grow worldwide, and is currently being used for many applications including house insulation, paper making, animal bedding, fabric, rope making and also as a biofuel. This book brings together international experts to examine all aspects of industrial hemp production, including the origins of hemp production, as well as the botany and anatomy, genetics and breeding, quality assessment, regulations, and the agricultural and industrial economics of hemp production. A translation of "Le Chanvre Industriel" this book has been revised and updated for an international audience and is essential reading for producers of industrial hemp, industry personnel and agriculture researchers and students. It is suitable for horticulture researchers and students, producers of industrial hemp and industry personnel.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781845937935 20160612
- Publication date
- Translation of: Le chanvre industriel : production et utilisations.
- 9781845937928 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1845937929 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781845937935 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 1845937937 (hardback : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: