Practical approaches to biological inorganic chemistry
- edited by Robert R. Crichton, Ricardo O. Louro.
- Amsterdam ; New York : Elsevier, c2013.
- Physical description
- x, 317 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
Biology Library (Falconer)
QP531 .P73 2013
- Unknown QP531 .P73 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- An overview of the roles of metals in biological systems / Robert R. Crichton
- Introduction to ligand field theory / Frank Neese
- EPR spectroscopy / W.R. Hagen
- Introduction to biomolecular NMR and metals / Ricardo O. Louro
- 57Fe-Mössbauer spectroscopy and basic interpretation of Mössbauer parameters / Eckhard Bill
- X-ray absorption spectroscopy in biology (BioXAS) / Martin C. Feiters and Wolfram Meyer-Klaucke
- Other spectroscopic methods for probing metal centres in biological systems / Robert R. Crichton and Ricardo O. Louro
- An introduction to electrochemical methods for the functional analysis of metalloproteins / Christophe Léger
- X-ray crystallography / José A. Brito and Margarida Archer
- Genetic and molecular biological approaches for the study of metals in biology / Robert L. Robson.
- Publisher's Summary
- The book reviews the use of spectroscopic and related methods to investigate the complex structures and mechanisms of biological inorganic systems that contain metals. Each chapter presents an overview of the technique including relevant theory, clearly explains what it is and how it works and then presents how the technique is actually used to evaluate biological structures. Practical examples and problems are included to illustrate each technique and to aid understanding. Designed for students and researchers who want to learn both the basics, and more advanced aspects of bioinorganic chemistry. It includes many colour illustrations enable easier visualization of molecular mechanisms and structures. It provides worked examples and problems that are included to illustrate and test the reader's understanding of each technique. It is written by a multi-author team who use and teach the most important techniques used today to analyse complex biological structures.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Bioinorganic chemistry.
- Publication date
- 9780444563514 (pbk.)
- 0444563512 (pbk.)