The encyclopedia of ancient history
- edited by Roger S. Bagnall ... [et al.].
- Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2013.
- Physical description
- 13 v. (cxliv, 7,492 p.) : ill., maps ; 26 cm.
- Bagnall, Roger S.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Thematic list of entries. List of contributors. Preface. List of abbreviations. Maps. Entries in alphabetical order. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781405179355 20160611
- Publisher's Summary
- The definitive reference work within classical studies and ancient history, this Encyclopedia is essential for all students and scholars of the ancient world. *13-volume major reference in A-Z format, with entries ranging from 250-5000 words* Provides clear, concise, definitions and explanations of the key people, places, and events* Spans the late Bronze Age through the seventh century CE * Covers the entire Mediterranean world including the Near East and Egypt* Internationally diverse editorial board and contributors* Highly illustrated with hundreds of photographs, figures, and maps For further details, a list of entries and sample chapters see www.encyclopediaancienthistory.com.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781405179355 20160611
- Unmatched in scholarship and diversity, The Encyclopedia of Ancient History is the definitive reference work for the study of the ancient world, available both in print and online. This ambitious 13-volume reference work, presented in A-Z format: * Includes over 5000 entries ranging from 250-5000 words * Is written and edited by an internationally diverse team of editors and contributors* Provides clear, concise, definitions and explanations of the key people, places, and events in ancient history* Spans the late Bronze Age through the seventh century CE * Covers the entire ancient Mediterranean world including the Near East and Egypt * Is extensively illustrated with hundreds of photographs, figures, and maps In addition, the online version offers: * Regular revisions and new entries *24/7 access to the most authoritative and up-to-date scholarship in the study of the ancient world * An easy-to-use interface, intuitive navigation, and powerful searching and browsing capabilities, * Full text HTML content or downloadable PDFs* Reference linking and options to export to reference managers* Content sharing through Facebook, Twitter, CiteULike and other social networking sites.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781444338386 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781405179355 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 140517935X (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9781444338386 (electronic : online)
- 1444338382 (electronic : online)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: