- Golub, Gene H. (Gene Howard), 1932-2007.
- 4th ed.
- Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xxi, 756 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Johns Hopkins studies in the mathematical sciences.
- Van Loan, Charles F.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Matrix multiplication problems
- Matrix analysis
- General linear systems
- Special linear systems
- Orthogonalization and least squares
- Parallel matrix computations
- The unsymmetric eigenvalue problem
- The symmetric eigenvalue problem
- Lanczos methods
- Iterative methods for linear systems
- Functions of matrices
- Special topics.
- Publisher's Summary
- The fourth edition of Gene H. Golub and Charles F. Van Loan's classic is an essential reference for computational scientists and engineers in addition to researchers in the numerical linear algebra community. Anyone whose work requires the solution to a matrix problem and an appreciation of its mathematical properties will find this book to be an indispensible tool. This revision is a cover-to-cover expansion and renovation of the third edition. It now includes an introduction to tensor computations and brand new sections on: fast transforms; parallel LU; discrete Poisson solvers; pseudospectra; structured linear equation problems; structured eigenvalue problems; large-scale SVD methods; and, polynomial eigenvalue problems. Matrix Computations is packed with challenging problems, insightful derivations, and pointers to the literature-everything needed to become a matrix-savvy developer of numerical methods and software.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Gene H. Golub, Charles F. Van Loan.
- Johns Hopkins studies in the mathematical sciences
- 1421407949 (alk. paper)
- 9781421407944 (alk. paper)