Szycher's handbook of polyurethanes
- Michael Szycher.
- 2nd ed.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xvii, 1,126 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|TP1180 .P8 S98 2013||Unknown|
- Szycher, M. (Michael)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction, M. Szycher Basic Concepts in Polyurethane Chemistry and Technology, M. Szycher Structure-Property Relations in Polyurethanes, M. Szycher Isocyanate Chemistry, M. Szycher Polyols, M. Szycher Chain Extenders, M. Szycher Flexible and Semiflexible Foams, M. Szycher Rigid Polyurethane Foams, M. Szycher Polyurethane Foam Surfactants, M. Szycher Catalysis of Isocyanate Reactions, M. Szycher Elastomers, M. Szycher Reaction Injection Molding, M. Szycher Polyurethane Adhesives, M. Szycher Waterborne Polyurethanes, M. Szycher Health and Safety, M. Szycher Radiation-Curable Adhesives and Coatings, M. Szycher Processing Methods, M. Szycher Compounding Ingredients, M. Szycher Copolymers and Polyblends, M. Szycher Polyurethane Coatings, M. Szycher Castables, Sealants, and Caulking Compounds, M. Szycher Medical Applications, M. Szycher Resorbable Polyurethanes, D.K. Dempsey, H.A. Benhardt, and E.M. Cosgriff-Hernandez Biodurable Polyurethanes, M. Szycher Antimicrobial Polyurethanes, M. Szycher Hydrophilic Polyurethanes, M. Szycher Biocompatibility Testing, M. Szycher, Laurence Lister, and John Iannone Eco-Friendly Polyurethanes, M. Szycher Processing Thermoplastics Urethanes via Twin Screw Extrusion, C. Martin Infrared Analysis of Medical-Grade Polyurethane Elastomers: Can Durometer Hardness Be Determined by IR Analysis? M. Szycher and J.R. Powell Appendix A: Polyurethane Suppliers and Manufacturers Appendix B: Urethane Processing Systems Appendix C: Glossary Appendix D: Conversions and Formulas.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439839584 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- A practical handbook rather than merely a chemistry reference, Szycher's Handbook of Polyurethanes, Second Edition offers an easy-to-follow compilation of crucial new information on polyurethane technology, which is irreplaceable in a wide range of applications. This new edition of a bestseller is an invaluable reference for technologists, marketers, suppliers, and academicians who require cutting-edge, commercially valuable data on the most advanced uses for polyurethane, one of the most important and complex specialty polymers. internationally recognized expert Dr. Michael Szycher updates his bestselling industry "bible" With seven entirely new chapters and five that are revised and updated, this book summarizes vital contents from U.S. patent literature-one of the most comprehensive sources of up-to-date technical information. These patents illustrate the most useful technology discovered by corporations, universities, and independent inventors. Because of the wealth of information they contain, this handbook features many full-text patents, which are carefully selected to best illustrate the complex principles involved in polyurethane chemistry and technology. Features of this landmark reference include: * Hundreds of practical formulations * Discussion of the polyurethane history, key terms, and commercial importance * An in-depth survey of patent literature * Useful stoichiometric calculations * The latest "green" chemistry applications * A complete assessment of medical-grade polyurethane technology Not biased toward any one supplier's expertise, this special reference uses a simplified language and layout and provides extensive study questions after each chapter. It presents rich technical and historical descriptions of all major polyurethanes and updated sections on medical and biological applications. These features help readers better understand developmental, chemical, application, and commercial aspects of the subject.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439839584 20160609
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- 9781439839584 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 1439839581 (hardback : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: