Applications of Microsoft Excel in analytical chemistry
- Stanley R. Crouch, F. James Holler.
- Second edition.
- Australia : Brooks/Cole, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- viii, 461 pages : illustrations (black and white) ; 28 cm
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD75.4 .E4 C76 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1. Excel Basics. 2. Basic Statistical Analysis with Excel. 3. Statistical Tests with Excel. 4. Least-Squares and Calibration Methods. 5. Equilibrium, Activity and Solving Equations. 6. The Systematic Approach to Equilibria: Solving Many Equations. 7. Neutralization Titrations and Graphical Representations. 8. Polyfunctional Acids and Bases. 9. Complexometric and Precipitation Titrations. 10. Potentiometry and Redox Titrations. 11. Dynamic Electrochemistry. 12. Spectrochemical Methods. 13. Kinetic Methods. 14. Chromatography. 15. Electrophoresis and Other Separation Methods. 16. Data Processing with Excel.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781285087955 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- This supplement can be used in any analytical chemistry course. The exercises teaches you how to use Microsoft[registered] Excel[registered] using applications from statistics, data analysis equilibrium calculations, curve fitting, and more. Operations include everything from basic arithmetic and cell formatting to Solver, Goal Seek, and the Data Analysis Toolpak. The authors show you how to use a spreadsheet to construct log diagrams and to plot the results. Statistical data treatment includes descriptive statistics, linear regression, hypothesis testing, and analysis of variance. Tutorial exercises include nonlinear regression such as fitting the Van Deemter equation, fitting kinetics data, determining error coefficients in spectrophotometry, and calculating titration curves. Additional features include solving complex systems of equilibrium equations and advanced graphical methods: error bars, charts with insets, matrices and determinants, and much more.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781285087955 20160615
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781285087955 (pbk.)
- 128508795X (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: