Chemistry : a molecular approach
- Nivaldo J. Tro, Westmont College.
- Third edition.
- Boston : Pearson, c2014.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 1128, A-58, G-15, PC-2, I-28 p. : color ill. ; 29 cm
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
On reserve: Ask at circulation desk
|QD453.3 .T759 2014||2-hour loan|
- Tro, Nivaldo J.
- Chapter 1 Matter, Measurement, and Problem Solving Chapter 2 Atoms and Elements Chapter 3 Molecules, Compounds, and Chemical Equations Chapter 4 Chemical Quantities and Aqueous Reactions Chapter 5 Gases Chapter 6 Thermochemistry Chapter 7 The Quantum-Mechanical Model of the Atom Chapter 8 Periodic Properties of the Elements Chapter 9 Chemical Bonding I: Lewis Theory Chapter 10 Chemical Bonding II: Molecular Shapes, Valence Bond Theory, and Molecular Orbital Theory Chapter 11 Liquids, Solids, and Intermolecular Forces Chapter 12 Solutions Chapter 13 Chemical Kinetics Chapter 14 Chemical Equilibrium Chapter 15 Acids and Bases Chapter 16 Aqueous Ionic Equilibrium Chapter 17 Free Energy and Thermodynamics Chapter 18 Electrochemistry Chapter 19 Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry Chapter 20 Organic Chemistry Chapter 21 Biochemistry Chapter 22 Chemistry of the Nonmetals Chapter 23 Metals and Metallurgy Chapter 24 Transition Metals and Coordination Compounds.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780321809247 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- Chemistry: A Molecular Approach, Third Edition is an innovative, pedagogically driven text that explains challenging concepts in a student-oriented manner. Nivaldo Tro creates a rigorous and accessible treatment of general chemistry in the context of relevance and the big picture. Chemistry is presented visually through multi-level images-macroscopic, molecular, and symbolic representations-helping students see the connections between the world they see around them (macroscopic), the atoms and molecules that compose the world (molecular), and the formulas they write down on paper (symbolic). The hallmarks of Dr. Tro's problem-solving approach are reinforced through interactive media that provide students with an office-hour type of environment built around worked examples and expanded coverage on the latest developments in chemistry. Pioneering features allow students to sketch their ideas through new problems, and much more.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780321809247 20160610
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9780321809247 (casebound)
- 0321809246 (casebound)
- 9780321905468 (instructor's review copy)
- 0321905466 (instructor's review copy)
Browse related items
Start at call number: