The comprehensive handbook of school safety
- edited by E. Scott Dunlap.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xviii, 435 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Occupational safety and health guide series.
At the library
- Dunlap, E. Scott (Erik Scott)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- School Security Vulnerability Assessments, Ryan K. Baggett and Pamela A. Collins, PhD Access Control, Ronald Dotson Dress Codes, E. Scott Dunlap, EdD, CSP School Resource Officer, James P. Stephens Bullying, Lynn McCoy-Simandle Cyber Security, Michael Land, EdD Information Security, Michael Land, EdD Event Security, Ronald Dotson Scalable Approach to School Security, Gary Folckemer School Violence and At-Risk Youth, Kelly Gorbett, PhD Mental Health in the School Setting, Kelly Gorbett, PhD School Safety Fire Hazards, Greg Gorbett and Bill Hicks Fire Protection Systems, Bill Hicks Life Safety, Bill Hicks Working from Heights, Ronald Dotson Ergonomics, Paul English, CSP Hazard Communication, E. Scott Dunlap, EdD, CSP Environmental Hazards, Paul English, CSP and E. Scott Dunlap, EdD, CSP Playground Safety, Ronald Dotson Transportation Safety, Terry Kline, EdD Lab Safety, Ronald Dotson Food Safety, Sheila Pressley, PhD Emergency Management Emergency Response Procedures, Ronald Dotson Emergency Response and Situational Awareness, James P. Stephens Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools, Amy Hughes Academic Continuity, E. Scott Dunlap, EdD, CSP Program Development and Execution Creating Written Programs, E. Scott Dunlap, EdD, CSP Organizational Training, E. Scott Dunlap, EdD, CSP Program Auditing, E. Scott Dunlap, EdD, CSP Injury and Illness Recordkeeping, E. Scott Dunlap, EdD, CSP Injury Management, E. Scott Dunlap, EdD, CSP Metrics, E. Scott Dunlap, EdD, CSP Communication and Program Development, Rebbecca Schramm Safety Leadership, Ronald Dotson School Safety Management, Ronald Dotson.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
In most schools you will probably see one, if not all of the following: * Metal detectors to prevent handguns and other weapons from being brought onto school property * Students in standardized uniforms to prevent the appearance of gang affiliations * Police officers patrolling the property to deter violent activity as well as respond to incidents Such evolutions have forever changed how we view the safety of our students. However, the phrase "school safety" goes beyond these issues of security put in place to protect students, faculty, and staff. Environmental factors also play a role. The Comprehensive Handbook of School Safety expands the dialogue on school safety to comprehensively address the spectrum of safety risks such as bullying, fire safety, playground and transportation safety, and more. Based on research and practical experience, it helps school administrators develop appropriate programs that protect all individuals from harm. Author E. Scott Dunlap brings his experience in OSHA and DOT compliance, behavior-based safety, and organizational safety culture to bear on the issue of school safety. He presents school safety from a holistic perspective and details vulnerability assessment tools and incident investigation forms to help schools develop a comprehensive safety program. By focusing on this range of issues, the book's dynamic perspective puts the keys to achieving an effective safety program within easy reach.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Occupational safety & health guide series
- 9781439874073 (hardback)
- 1439874077 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: