E-learning and social networking handbook : resources for higher education
- Frank Rennie and Tara Morrison.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- viii, 199 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1044.87 .M26 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -194) and index.
- Table of Contents Chapter One: Social Networking as an Educational Tool Chapter Two: Designing for a Distributed Environment Chapter Three: Selecting the Media Palette Chapter Four: The Tools in Practice Chapter Five: Constraints on Course Design Chapter Six: Postscript References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415503761 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- Digital resources-from games to blogs to social networking-are strong forces in education today, but how can those tools be effectively utilized by educators and course designers in higher education? Filled with practical advice, the e-Learning and Social Networking Handbook, Second Edition provides a comprehensive overview of online learning tools and offers strategies for using these resources in course design, highlighting some of the most relevant and challenging topics in e-learning today, including: * using social networking for educational purposes * designing for a distributed environment * strengths and weaknesses of delivering content in various formats (text, audio, and video) * potential constraints on course design * implementation, evaluation, induction, and training Illustrated by short, descriptive case studies, the e-Learning and Social Networking Handbook, Second Edition also directs the reader to useful resources that will enhance their course design. This helpful guide will be invaluable to all those involved in the design and delivery of online learning in higher education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415503761 20160615
- Publication date
- Prev. ed. cataloged under Mason, Robin.
- Related Work
- Mason, Robin. E-learning and social networking handbook.
- 9780415503761 (hbk.)
- 0415503760 (hbk.)
- 9780415503754 (pbk.)
- 0415503752 (pbk.)
- 9780203120279 (ebk.)
- 0203120272 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: