Aggression in humans and other primates : biology, psychology, sociology
- edited by Hans-Henning Kortüm & Jürgen Heinze.
- Berlin : De Gruyter, 
- Physical description
- 192 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|BF575 .A3 A5237 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- In this work aggression and conflict in man and other primates are interpreted in the light of evolutionary biology and game theory models.Unitlnow interdisciplinary collaboration between the humanities and the natural sciences has been rare and hampered by different methodologies and terminology. Nevertheless, such cooperation is essential for elucidating the causes and consequences of aggression in humans and in explaining what shape aggression takes in particular situations. The aim of this volume is to present empirical and theoretical studies from biologists and social scientists to create an interdisciplinary framework for understanding aggression.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783110291339 20160610
- Publication date
- Outgrowth of a seminar organized by the editors and held at the University of Regensburg in Sept. 2011. Cf. pref.
- Aggression in humans and other animals : a biological prelude / Jürgen Heinze -- Aggression/violence in humans and other primates : a historian's prelude / Hans-Henning Kortüm -- What theoretical biology has to say on aggression in humans and animals / Peter Hammerstein -- Aggression in humans and other primates : biology, psychology, sociology / Dietmar Zinner and Brandon C. Wheeler -- Explaining aggression : the ultimate-proximate problem / Claire El Mouden -- Human sex differences in aggression from the perspective of sexual selection / John Archer -- The logic of aggression : reciprocal altruism, psychological games and the persistence of conflict / Luciano Andreozzi -- What causes large-scale variation in homicide rates? / Manual Eisner -- One flew over the cuckoo's nest : violence, uncertainty, and safety / Manfred J. Holler and Barbara Klose-Ullmann.
- 9783110291339 (alk. paper)
- 3110291339 (alk. paper)
- 9783110291360 (e-ISBN)
Browse related items
Start at call number: