Doing what works : literacy strategies for the next level
- Judy Tilton Brunner.
- Lanham : Rowan & Littlefield Education, a division of Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 157 pages ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1576 .B786 2013||Unknown|
- Brunner, Judy Tilton, 1952- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 155-157).
- Preface Introduction Chapter 1 Vocabulary Strategies: Improving Students' Literacy and Lexicon Chapter 2 Comprehension Strategies: Teaching with Intention, Learning with Independence Chapter 3 Study Strategies: Supporting the Learning Process through Note Taking and Close Reading Appendix A Technology Resources Appendix B Teacher Observation Form: Literacy and Student Engagement Strategies Appendix C Lesson Guide and Observation Form: Mathematics Bibliography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Doing What Works: Literacy Strategies for the Next Level will assist educators as they support students in the mastery of vocabulary, comprehension, and study skills required by the Common Core State Standards. All strategies have been carefully selected based on their ease of use, utility in terms of scaffolding, differentiation, and simplicity of format. Judy Tilton Brunner designed this key sourcebook for educators who need or want to cultivate their students' vocabulary development, reading comprehension, note taking, and general study skills. Doing What Works provides practical, effective, and research-based strategies to help students remember and understand what they read at the highest levels of cognition: layering of texts, close reading, collaborating, using a variety of sources, teaching uncommon vocabulary, and posing text-dependent. By incorporating these teaching strategies into classroom instruction, educators will teach with purpose, and students will learn with independence.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475801187 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475801181 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475801194 (electronic)
- 147580119X (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: