The medical device R&D handbook
- edited by Theodore R. Kucklick.
- 2nd ed.
- Boca Raton, Fl. : CRC Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xix, 482 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|R856.15 .M43 2013||Unknown|
- Kucklick, Theodore R.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Materials for Medical Device R&D Introduction to Medical Plastics, Theodore R. Kucklick Getting Stuck in a Good Way: Basics of Medical Device Adhesives, Theodore R. Kucklick Introduction to Needles and Cannulae, Theodore R. Kucklick Assessing Biocompatibility: A Guide for Medical Device Manufacturers, Tom Spalding Processes for Medical Device R&D Catheter-Forming Equipment and Operations, Theodore R. Kucklick Basics of Catheter Assembly, Theodore R. Kucklick Rapid Prototyping for Medical Devices, Theodore R. Kucklick Medical Applications of Rapid Technologies: Technology Update, Theodore R. Kucklick Reverse Engineering in Medical Device Design, Theodore R. Kucklick Prototype or Produce? How to Decide, Theodore R. Kucklick Elements of Injection Molding Style for Medical Device R&D, Theodore R. Kucklick Methods for Medical Device R&D Clinical Observation: How To Be Welcome (or at Least Tolerated) in the Operating Room and Laboratory, Theodore R. Kucklick ABCs of NDAs, Theodore R. Kucklick Intellectual Property Strategy for Med-Tech Start-Ups, Ryan H. Flax Regulatory Affairs: Medical Devices, Thom Wehman 510(k) Reform: The Stakes Are High, Sherrie Conroy Brief Introduction to Preclinical Research, James Swick Using Medical Illustration in Medical Device R&D, Theodore R. Kucklick Case Study: The BACE(TM) Mitral Regurgitation Treatment, Device: Supplement to Chapter 18, Using Medical llustration in Medical Device R&D, Theodore R. Kucklick Interviews and Insights for the R&D Entrepreneur Interview with Thomas Fogarty, MD, Theodore R. Kucklick Interview with Paul Yock, MD, Theodore R. Kucklick Interview with Dane Miller, PhD, Theodore R. Kucklick Interview with Ingemar Lundquist, Theodore R. Kucklick Interview with J. Casey McGlynn, Theodore R. Kucklick Keys to Creating Value for Early Stage Medical Device Companies, Richard Ferrari Female Leadership in the Medical Device Industry, France Helfer Medical Device Sales 101, Devin Hughes Invention, Innovation, and Creativity: Or How Thomas Edison Never Changed the World by Creating the Light Bulb, Theodore R. Kucklick How to Fail as an Entrepreneur, Theodore R. Kucklick Raising Money for Your Medical Device Start-Up, Theodore R. Kucklick Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439811894 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- Exploring the practical, entrepreneurial, and historical aspects of medical device development, this second edition of The Medical Device R&D Handbook provides a how-to guide for medical device product development. The book offers knowledge of practical skills such as prototyping, plastics selection, and catheter construction, allowing designers to apply these specialized techniques for greater innovation and time saving. The author discusses the historical background of various technologies, helping readers understand how and why certain devices were developed. The text also contains interviews with leaders in the industry who offer their vast experience and insights on how to start and grow successful companies-both what works and what doesn't work. This updated and expanded edition adds new information to help meet the challenges of the medical device industry, including strategic intellectual property management, operating room observation protocol, and the use of new technologies and new materials in device development.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439811894 20160615
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Medical device R and D handbook
- 9781439811894 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 143981189X (hbk. : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: