Occupy education : living and learning sustainability
- Tina Lynn Evans.
- New York : Peter Lang, 
- Physical description
- xxii, 331 pages ; 23 cm.
- Global studies in education ; v. 22.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|GE70 .E93 2012||Unknown|
- Evans, Tina Lynn, 1964-
- Includes bibliographical references (page -322) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- "Occupy Education" is motivated by the sustainability crisis and energized by the drive for social justice that inspired the Occupy movement. Situated within the struggle for sustainability taking place amid looming resource shortages, climate change, economic instability, and ecological breakdown, the book is a timely contribution to community education and action. It opens a whole realm of integrated theory to educators and sustainability activists - and demonstrates how that theory can be moved into practice. "Occupy Education" is an excellent text for courses in sustainability studies, social philosophy, globalization, social justice, food system praxis, sustainability education, political economy, and environmental studies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781433119675 20160615
- Publication date
- Global studies in education, 2153-330x ; vol. 22
- 9781433119675 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1433119676 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9781433119668 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781453909072 (e-book)
- 1433119668 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: