Chávez's children : ideology, education, and society in Latin America
- Manuel Anselmi.
- Uniform Title
- Bambini di Chávez. English
- Lanham : Lexington Books, .
- Physical description
- viii, 161 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC191.8 .V4 A67 2013||Unknown|
- Anselmi, Manuel.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 153-156) and index.
- Preface to the American Edition Introduction Chapter 1: Preliminary Questions: Some General Theoretical Properties of Ideology Chapter 2: Socio-Historical Analysis of Revolutionary Bolivarism Chapter 3: Theoretical Analysis of Revolutionary Bolivarism Chapter 4: Analysis of the Structures and Activities in Bolivarian Schools Conclusions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780739165256 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- Most publications on the political situation in Venezuela are journalistic and lack a scientific, and particularly sociological, approach. Chavez's Children: Ideology, Education, and Society in Latin America is the first sociological work on the ideological system in Venezuela. This book deals with the deep social structures of Chavez's power, its origins, its evolution in history, its dynamics, its institutionalizations, and its relationships with the educational system. By using an empirical analysis of Bolivarian schools and fieldwork on over 300 students, Chavez's Children reconstructs the history of revolutionary movements in Venezuela and advocates a model of analysis on Latin American socio-revolutionary phenomena. This English language edition will be a great opportunity for Latin American experts as well as interested readers to uncover the system behind Chavez's power.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780739165256 20160610
- Publication date
- 9780739165256 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0739165259 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780739179888 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: